Offline working mode of Outlook is one of the most outstanding features. In offline working mode Outlook keeps all the user information in .ost file format. Offline working mode is also known as cached working mode of Outlook. With this mode user can even work on Outlook when it is not connected with Exchange Server. User can check old mailbox items such as emails, notes, journals, calendar schedules etc. When the Outlook connects with Exchange all the prior made pending changes go live. Sometimes this OST file gets damaged due to certain reasons. There are several reasons which make OST file inaccessible which are broadly classified into two main categories:
- Hardware Reasons
- Software Reasons
Hardware Reasons: We all know machines are built with several parts and all these parts have their different functions & sudden breakdown of any of the part of the machine can lead to data loss.
- Data storage drive is responsible for keeping all the data but if this disk has some bad sectors then it would not save any data.
- Though networking is the most essential part of online communication it is important to maintain smoother linking between Server machine and user machine. Any kind of connection error, link breakage and network cable issue can stop communication between Exchange and Outlook which will lead to OST file corruption and create an Orphaned File.
- Unexpected system shut-down can damage OST file. Most common factors of sudden system shut-down are power failure, hardware failure, software failure and human error.
Software Reasons: Here are few most common factors responsible for OST corruption.
- Virus or other malicious software harm your system’s data. Such software are also responsible for Outlook file corruption.
- Wrong selection of recovery tool can put your data in more harm.
- Improper shut down of Outlook can damage Outlook OST file.
For avoiding OST corruption from all the aforementioned reasons user can only take preventive steps. Even after following all the prevention steps it is not confirmed that user’s OST data would not get hampered. In such a case it is more preferred to take backup of OST file with the help of any professional OST to PST converter tool. There are a few 100% secure and reliable Exchange OST Recovery Tools which can perform recovery of OST file as well as user can take the backup of his precious data with this tool if he wants. One such amazing tool is “Stellar OST to PST Converter”. Interested users can read more about this tool on: http://osttopstconverter.stellarservertools.com/
Author Bio: Yogita Aggarwal, based in New Delhi, India is a marketing professional and a passionate blogger who loves to read and write blogs on technology. She writes helpful blogs on EDB, NSF , DBX converter and other migration tools such as OST to PST